The Agrocluster Ribatejo signed a cooperation agreement with Plant Intercluster (PIC), a French network that includes five clusters, for the internationalization of the two organizations and companies associated and to share experiences and knowledge.
The agreement was signed during the II International Cluster Meeting, held in the past 5 and 6 June.
The meeting, which was attended by over 60 participants from various countries, was the first day of work, on Tuesday, in Santarem, in the context of Fersant – Business Fair Santarém Region, which runs in parallel with the FERSANT / Agriculture National Fair. The 2nd day was held in Torres Novas, with visit to Sumol + Compal in Almeirim.
They were conducted 6 workshops spread over the two days with the following topics:
• Innovation versus Business
• FP7 Open Calls (KBBE) and approach on FP8 – Identification of potential cooperation projects
• Innovating breeding for food (exemple : onions)
• Food innovation and sustainable development
• Precision farming, a new way to improve agriculture
• Solutions for waste and effluents (exemple : olives)
During the workshops, although we benefited from the contribution of the folowing entities: Orivárzea, S.A. (Eng.º Joaquim Bravo), Escola Superior Agrária de Santarém (Eng.ª Cristina Laranjeira), INSA – Instituto Nacional de Saúde Dr. Ricardo Jorge (Dr.ª Silvia Viegas), among others.
You can access videos and presentations on www.pic2012.chil.org.